Power BI has changed the business intelligence (BI) landscape forever, enabling BI professionals and regular Excel users alike to work with big data and build beautiful and insightful dashboards. Integral to the Power BI platform is the data model.
This course discusses fundamental concepts of data modeling design within Power BI. We explore Microsoft’s recommended best practices as well as common data modeling complications and the solutions to them. This course will prepare learners to develop data models strategically to achieve the best performance.
- Identify the primary components of data models and describe flat schemas and star schemas
- Diagnose common Power BI data modeling issues within models and recommend appropriate solutions to them
- Identify common challenges in Power BI data models, implement smart solutions, and avoid common mistakes
- Business professionals whose job requires them to design and build data models in Power BI
- Anyone preparing to take the Microsoft DA-100 exam
- To get the most out of this course, you should be familiar with preparing data using Power BI.