Gatsby JS is a React-based framework and static site generator powered by Graphql. By offering you performance, SEO, security, integrations and accessibility out of the box, Gatsby makes the hardest parts of building an amazing digital experience simple.
In this course, you’ll learn how to build blazingly fast, dynamic websites using Gatsby and React.
Because Gatsby is built on React, you’ll first learn some key React concepts that will help you to build a solid foundation of how React works. You’ll learn things like
- Package managers, NPM and Yarn
- JSX, Components and props
- Events and state
- Lists and conditional rendering
- Routing and many other useful concepts.
We’ll build some exciting projects where we put all these core React concepts into action to gain some real hands-on experience.
AND WE’RE ONLY GETTING STARTED!
Then, we’ll dive into Gatsby itself. See how to
- create new static sites with Gatsby
- query and pull in data from multiple sources using Graphql
- connect our site to a Contentful Content Management System (CMS) that manages our content
- build dynamic web apps using data from third party APIs
- use Gatsby’s large, useful ecosystem of plugins to make things like Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and lazy loading images a breeze
- deploy your finished projects to the cloud
If you’re excited about building blazingly fast, highly performant and dynamic websites with Gatsby, a React framework that opens doors to all the cool stuff that the JAMStack offers you, then this course is for you.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to improve their skills as a frontend developer and get some projects experience
- Anyone who wants to learn how to build blazingly fast websites using Gatsby and React from scratch
Last Updated 6/2021