Spring Boot is a popular application development framework in the Java community. Spring Boot simplifies the developer life by handling most of the routine activities.
Write less code & Achieve more In your Test Automation Framework.The aim of this course is to use Spring Boot to create a test automation framework for your functional tests with Selenium and Cucumber.
We will be learning various Spring’s concepts.
- Dependency Injection: How to create specific objects in our Page Objects, test classes automatically. Spring will just give it to you!!
- WebDriver Manager: How to manage web driver life cycle automatically using Spring Boot.
- Page Objects & Page Fragments: How to create reusable page components and get them injected into Page Objects.
- Parallel test execution: How to create multiple threads, manage web drivers and run tests in parallel etc with clear thread specific scope.
- Executing tests in multiple environments (DEV / QA / STG / PRD): How to manage environment specific properties like URLs, user credentials etc via property files.
- Localization testing: How to do localization testing! For ex: An application which supports multiple languages. How to do language keywords validation using Spring Boot.
- Data driven testing using Spring Data JPA: We often have a lot of test data in a spreadsheet. How to execute all your tests by reading the tests from spread sheet without much effort by using Spring Data JPA.
- Cucumber feature files: Adding BDD into our framework. Driving tests by writing Cucumber feature files.
- External resources: How to access external resources like properties, files etc into our framework.
- Automatic window/frame switching: An elegant way of switching windows/frames etc by creating annotations. Ex: @Window
- Aspect oriented programming: Take screenshots automatically without saying anything in your tests by using AOP.
- Local vs Remote Grid: How to execute your tests in local & in remote selenium grid by simply switching Spring profiles easily.
and Much more!!!
Who this course is for:
- Anybody who has interests in Test Automation
- Sr SDET / Lead / Principal / Architect SDET
- Spring Boot Developers who want to learn Test Automation
- Test Automation Framework design
- Java 8 knowledge
- Basics of Selenium
Last Updated 2/2021