Ever heard of the term “Object-Oriented Programming”? Haven’t heard of it, but want to level up your coding skills?
This class covers a must-know topic for every programmer: Object-Oriented Programming (OOP). We’ll cover several concepts and takeaways:
- The paradigm of thinking, for Object-Oriented Programming
- A simplistic ice cream truck simulator using OOP concepts
- A minimal simulation for light switches in a home, also using OOP concepts
- What classes and instances are
- How to write your first class
- How to keep code readable (abstraction), maintainable (inheritance), and flexible (mixins, composition)
- 1 hour of content with bite-sized, 5-minute lessons + 30 minutes of bonus content
The class is highly interactive, as we’ll be coding together. By the end of this class, you’ll be prepared to write and read code using Object-Oriented Programming. More importantly, you’ll level up your code with a new tool for organizing your code.