ActiveMQ is a powerful yet easy to use open source message broker developed in Java. It is used to automate all kinds of communication between apps today. ActiveMQ can send messages in different formats along with providing you useful dashboards to get a birds eye view on who got which message!
Whether your systems are built on monolith or Microservice based architecture, you need you data moving from one point to another and in good time. ActiveMQ does the job. ActiveMQ is like central hub where you send messages from all your applications, and the recipients pickup the messages, and process them. ActiveMQ can be compared to something like the Hub and Spoke model. Like a post-office it takes in, organizes, and delivers messages.
We will learn about the four key components of ActiveMQ –
1)ActiveMQ Concepts: We will discover what messaging means and how it affects our architectural decisions and design considerations. Topics in this section range from understanding the different components of ActiveMQ to the different algorithms that can used to pick up messages. We learn about messages, queues and exchange patterns.
2)ActiveMQ setup: Install and setup ActiveMQ. Integrate ActiveMQ with Java Spring applications to transfer messages.
3)ActiveMQ features: Utilize the different options and capabilities of ActiveMQ. This includes features like authorization, topics, client acknowledgments, different messages types etc. We try to implement these features in practice and optimize them to best suit our needs.
We also utilize the ActiveMQ UI to understand the status of our messages and detect errors, if any.
The course will explain to you not only the theory of ActiveMQ messaging, but also provide a lot of hands-on coding exercises to get your hands dirty and your mind moving. Whether you are a messaging enthusiast, beginner, or experienced developer, this course will surely brings great value for you!
Everything is well documented and separated, so you can find what you need. Assignments and Quizzes will make sure you stay on track and test your knowledge. The course will have a combination of theory and practical examples.
Who this course is for:
- Any developer looking to understand how to use ActiveMQ efficiently
- Developers who are curious about ActiveMQ and messaging concepts
- Anybody with a desire to earn more by learning more!
- Anyone who wants to learn ActiveMQ for for managing complex messaging systems
- Anyone who wants to learn Message-Queueing
- A desire to learn and Crush It!
- A working Computer with either Windows/MacOS or Linux
- An Internet connection
- All technologies we will use will be free/have free trial versions
- Some Basic knowledge of unix/linux commands can be helpful, but not required
- A basic idea of Java will be helpful
Last Updated 4/2021