This course will give you all the knowledge and skills for your transition from Java project to the Java Platform Module System (JPMS or “module system”).
The Java Platform Module System (JPMS) is the most significant change introduced with the release of Java 9. The JPMS provides a variety of benefits for large-scale projects including increased security, better management of dependencies and isolation of libraries, and a service provision and loading facility.
In this five hour video course, the author brings you the skills, knowledge, and understanding needed to start new projects in the JPMS framework and to solve the often tricky problem of migrating existing projects in an incremental fashion to full modularity. This course will also help with the Java 11 certification exam.
- Intermediate to Advanced
Learn How To:
- Package your software as a JPMS module
- Export features of your module to other code
- Use modules in your code
- Define services
- Implement services
- Access and use services
- Migrate a project to the module system
- Build and run software that is part modular and part legacy
Who Should Take This Course:
- Software engineers and architects aiming to incorporate the benefits of Java Platform Module System (JPMS) into their projects
- Individuals who want to evaluate the capabilities of JPMS to determine if their projects would benefit from it
- Anyone who wants to learn JPMS for an interview or examination, whether academic or professional
- A working knowledge of the Java Programming Language
Published May 14, 2021